I'm good at talking. I've been a talker since I was a tot. Unfortunately, talking is not always needed and my thoughts and expressions are constantly running through my mind. Laura's Loose Thoughts is my place to put these thoughts. I can't guarantee you'll gain anything from reading this blog but you might find a neat photo or read a fun story about my ridiculous friends. Most days I couldn't even tell you exactly who I am. I do know that I'm: a nerd, free spirited, honest, a wanderer, unselfish, committed, impatient, brave, outgoing, charitable and eager to learn more about myself and this beautiful life I live!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

On a Journey to Find Myself

We all go through life trying to figure out who we are.  I don't think we ever really find who we're supposed to be but instead we are on a journey meeting people and making memories that shape us.  I believe in fate and I believe people come into our lives at a time we most need them.  We meet people and they shape who we are and help us determine our life journey.  I'm a people person and will make conversation with anyone I run into.  As many people as I've met along this life journey there are three that vary from others.  I can't pinpoint why I value their friendship so much but they stick out to me because they've changed my life.  They've changed the way I look at the world, myself and my journey.  They inspire me to be a better person and to live life to the fullest without regrets.  They aren't the richest people I know.  They aren't the most popular.  They aren't doctors or lawyers or politicians.  In my book they're so much more than all of that.  They're individuals.  They go through life being themselves and creating happiness amongst themselves and others around them through creativity, refreshing thoughts and a free spirit.  They aren't my best friends and they aren't who I turn to when I am in need of a friend.  Actually, they have no idea how much I value their friendship.  When I spend time with them I can't stop smiling, I feel free, I feel creative and I feel like I know who I am for once. 

When I'm around them I'm challenged.  I challenge the norms and I challenge the mold I have grown to think I need to fit.  They've taught me that happiness isn't building a stacked resume, or making the most money, being popular or holding the newest trends.  Happiness is about being yourself, learning to love, being inspired by music and art, seeing all that the world has to offer and making memories along the way.  As I continue my journey and shape my life I have found myself thinking of these three.  They give to me so much more than I'm able to give to them because they have helped me become myself.  They inspire me to challenge the norms that I used to think were so important to fulfill.  They force me to be open minded and enjoy people and things for just what they are.  They create a place of inspiration, creativity and freedom for me.

Thanks to three of the most inspirational, free spirited and life changing people I know.  You've helped me pave my life journey more than you'll ever know.

For the one that reminds me that happiness is within:

For the one that has no idea how much they encourage me to spread my wings:


For the one that inspires me to challenge the "norms" and live my life journey free and fearlessly...


1 comment: